Monday, September 28, 2009

Mack Nouraee, 1940-2009

Mack Nouraee died today. He was my father.

He died peacefully in his own bed at 1:30 P.M. My mother and I were holding his hands when he took his last breath.

In lieu of flowers, please consider donating to Second Chance Wildlife Center or Montgomery Hospice.

Second Chance rehabilitates injured birds and mammals at a farm two miles from my parents' home. We can never know for sure, but it's possible some of the birds Dad nurtured in his own yard were helped by Second Chance.

In his final weeks, the wonderful staff of Montgomery Hospice came to our home everyday. Dad wanted very much to spend his final days in his home, with his family. The expertise and compassion of Montgomery Hospice made Dad's wish reality.

A gathering to honor my father will take place Wednesday, October 7 at the Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner, 1700 Tysons Boulevard, McLean, VA 22102. There is no formal ceremony, so please feel free to stop by anytime between 1:00PM and 5:00PM.

Below is a slideshow of photos of my father. I'll add more photos in coming days.


Please feel welcome to share your thoughts and memories below.

6 comments:

sh said...

Uncle Siamack is in my heart forever, I always like him and I know he is always with us.

Unfortunately, I couldn't see him anytime, but I am happy.... he is my uncle forever.

Thank you to share these lovely photos.

Gelareh

Unknown said...

Let's celebrate the life of the kindest and most dignified man I ever knew. His memories will forever live in my heart. May he rest in peace.

sh said...

thanks for your new photos, there are beautiful.

Sudi said...

Mr. Nouraee was my beloved uncle. I remember him as a man of integrity, kindness and class. I will never forget the beautiful memories we shared with Mr. Nouraee in the days we lived in Bethesda. May his soul rest in peace.
My heartfelt condolences to my auntie Mahin, my cousins Andisheh and Kaveh.

Unknown said...

As father-in-laws go - he was the best......I will always remember his kindess, his warm heart and his gentle ways.....forever......

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed working with him. He was a great man, with a big heart. We will all miss him.

Post a Comment